Young African Leadership Initiative Fellowships
YALI East Africa – Young African Leadership Initiative. Apply Now: YALI East African Regional Leadership Programme, Nairobi Kenya (Fully Funded).
The YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is looking for young men and women between the ages of 18 and 35 from Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo, DRC, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Uganda who are ready to embrace leadership and work hard to transform their countries.
The YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is a diverse and dynamic learning environment that will provide the training, networking, business and entrepreneurial skills to enhance your ability to lead.
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is merit-based and open to young East African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda,
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
Selection Process and Criteria
Selection for participation in the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa will be conducted as a merit-based, open competition.All eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Chosen semi-finalists will then be interviewed before a final selection is made and an invitation to join the program is issued.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
- A demonstrated leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- Active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected, and
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Networking : Build a leadership network throughout East Africa
- Mentorship : Gain experience and guidance from proven leaders
- Scholarship : Learn cutting-edge leadership techniques
- Trusteeship : Build better communities by becoming involved in shaping the future
- Technology : Study in a high-tech environment that brings leadership skills to your front door
- Collaboration : Work in teams, embrace innovation, learn by doing
To find more details and application details, visit; YALI East Africa – Young African Leadership Initiative