IDEP Internships: The United Nations African Institute for Economic Development and Planning (IDEP) invites applications for internships within the framework of its training/capacity building, policy research, development communications, and policy dialogue programmes.
The Institute for Economic Development and Planning (IDEP) Programme for Interns is designed to offer beneficiaries substantive experience in a development context in the hope that such experience will be useful to the interns in furthering their research studies and/or advancing their professional careers.
Up to five (5) internships are offered annually by the Institute and candidates are selected on an open competitive basis.
The successful candidates will work under the overall supervision of the Director of IDEP and the specific oversight of relevant programme staff of the Institute who will also ensure that they gain the necessary experience and exposure for furthering their careers.
Internship Application Qualifications:
- A university postgraduate degree in any of the disciplines of the social sciences is required for this position.
- Demonstrable organisation skills
- Capacity to work as part of a team and to communicate effectively
- Strong interest in learning new skills
- Good level of familiarity the UN and its development agenda
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- An advanced level of computer literacy is also essential to the job as is a proficiency in French and/or English and a working knowledge of the other.
For more information and application, search: IDEP Internships
Internship Programs in Africa