Ibanda University Admissions 2021 – 2022
To be considered for admissions to Ibanda University, you must submit this application to the University’s Admissions Office.
Four prominent Secondary School Teachers realized that there was need to start a University in this area of Ibanda so as to bring services closer to the citizens thus enabling them get quality education higher education at an affordable cost. These teachers are:
- Mr. Ahimbisa Wilson,
- Mr. Atuhereze Elly,
- Mr. Busingye John,
- Mr. Rwomushana Jeeb, and
- Mr. Patrict Bitature (Not a teacher but Joined them later ).
These teachers who have now transformed into directors of Ibanda University, invited Mr. Pastole Bamwesigye and Professor Samson James Opolot to join them and develop the idea further into a University Project. By the close of 2010, the Ibanda University planning committee (IU Planning Committee) had been constituted.
- What next? IU Planning Committee starts proposal design process
- Where? Issues of location and identity arises: decision that it becomes a community university
- Who? The process of marketing the idea commenced to as wide a stakeholder base as possible: religious leaders, business people, educationists, politicians, opinion leaders, progressive farmers, etc.
- Outcome: Lots of skepticism from public but IU Planning Committee resolves to press on with the project.
Entry Requirements to a Degree Programme
The minimum entry requirements for admission to a Degree Programme are:
- Uganda Certificate of Education (O’ Level) with a minimum of 5 passes and Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (A’ Level) with a minimum of two principal passes obtained at the same sitting; or
- A relevant Diploma from an institution of higher learning recognised by the National Council for Higher Education, or
- A pass in mature age entry examinations with at least 50% and must be 25 years and above.
Entry Requirements to a Diploma Programme
The minimum entry requirements for admission to a Diploma Programme are:
- Uganda Certificate of Education (O’ Level) with a minimum of 5 passes; and
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (A’ Level) with a minimum of 1 principal pass and 2 subsidiary passes obtained at the same sitting; OR
- A Certificate from an institution of higher learning recognised by the National Council of Higher Education
Entry Requirements to a Certificate Programme The minimum entry requirements for admission to a Certificate Programme are:
Uganda Certificate of Education (O’ Level) with a minimum of 3 credits obtained at the same sitting International Applicants The minimum entry requirements
International applicants must first have their qualifications translated and then equated by Uganda National Examinations Board. Admission will then be given when they are found to meet the requirements for each programme as described above.
Courses and Fees Structure
Programme Period(years) Amount(Ugsh) per Semester
Bachelor of Information Technology 3 750,000
Bachelor of Agriculture & Rural Innovations 3 800,000
Bachelor of Journalism and Communication 3 700,000
Bachelor of Business Administration 3 700,000
Bachelor of Social Sciences 3 650,000
Bachelor of Development Studies 3 650,000
Bachelor of Public Adminstration & Management 3 650,000
Bachelor of Administrative & Sec. Studies 3 650,000
Bachelor of Human Resource Management 3 650,000
Bachelor of Social Work & Social Work 3 650,000
Bachelor of Agriculture- Education 3 800,000
Bachelor of Science with Education 3 800,000
Bachelor of Arts with education 3 600,000
Bachelor of Education – Primary 2 520,000
Bachelor of Education – Secondary 2 600,000
Diploma & Certificate Programmes
Programme Period Amount(Ugsh) per Semester
Diploma in Education- Primary 2 420,000
Diploma in Early Childhood Education 2 400,000
Diploma in Information Technology 2 450,000
Diploma in Business Administration 2 450,000
Diploma in Development Studies 2 400,000
Diploma in Public Administration 2 450,000
Diploma in Agriculture & Rural Innovations 2 450,000
Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication 2 400,000
Diploma in Social Work & Social Adminstration 2 400,000
Diploma in Administrative & Sec. Studies 2 400,000
CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES (Short courses) Month(s)
Certificate in Public Administration 1 300,000
Certificate in computer Applications 1 300,000
Certificate in Financial Management 1 300,000
Certificate in Urban planning & Management 1 300,000
Certificate in Project Planning & Mnanagement 1 300,000
Certificate in Human Resource Management 1 300,000
Certificate in NGO Management 1 300,000
Functional University Fees
# Item Amount(Ugsh)
1 Caution Fee 50,000 (Per Annum)
2 Registration Fee 50,000 (Per Semester)
3 Identity Card 20,000 (Paid Once)
4 Development Fund 70,000 (Per Semester)
5 Library Fee 50,000 (Per Semester)
6 Sports Fee 10,000 (Per Semester)
7 Computer Fee 40,000 (Per Semester)
8 Examination fee 50,000 (Per Semester)
9 Students Guild Council Fee 10,000 (Per Semester)
10 National Council for Higher Education 20,000 (Per Annum)
11 Medical Fee 10,000 (Per Semester)
How to Apply
To apply for admission at IU, a prospective student has pick an application form from the Academic Registrar’s Office and pay a non-refundable application fees of 30,000 Ugandan Shillings.
After filling the application form, a completed application package should be submitted in full to the Registrar’s Office not later than one month before the opening of the semester applied for. Applications that do not meet the deadline will be considered in subsequent admissions. Complete applications, consisting of the following, will be processed:
- A complete signed application form
- Non-refundable application fee of 30,000 UGX
- Official copies of all secondary, post-secondary, college and other academic certificates and transcripts
- Ten (10) recent passport size photographs
- Copy of passport and student visas for all foreign students
- A brief statement of purpose stating the applicant’s career goals: why he/she is joining IU and what they plan to do after completion.
- International Applicants must have their academic Certificates and Transcripts translated in English and equated by Uganda National Examination Board.
Every student is required to pay application fees to the bank and then get a receipt from the Bursar, otherwise the application will not be processed. Students must receive and keep the receipt of the application fee.