Uganda National Examinations Board Website
Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) is an assessment body with systems of examination formats and grading inherited from the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate. The Syndicate was responsible for school examinations in the British colonies until 1968 in the case of East African Countries. In 1968 the East African Examinations Council (EAEC) came into being, and in collaboration with the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate took over Secondary School Examinations and issued joint certificates. This was a gradual separation of East African countries from the Syndicate.
The last examination will be conducted in 2014, and thereafter UNEB will be responsible for school examinations at primary and secondary school levels as follows:
- Primary Leaving Examination
- Uganda Certificate of Education Examination
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education Examination.
Uganda National Examinations Board Updates
UNEB Past Papers
UNEB A level past papers
UNEB biology past papers
UNEB computer past papers
UNEB District Codes
UNEB english past papers
UNEB e registration portal
UNEB geography past papers
UNEB history past papers
UNEB ict past papers
UNEB ict support files
UNEB letter of verification
UNEB marking guides
UNEB mathematics past papers
UNEB new grading system
UNEB o level past papers
UNEB offices uganda
UNEB registration fees
UNEB registration Forms
UNEB SMS Code
UNEB seating plan
F.A.Qs – HOW DO I
UNEB is mandated to equate foreign qualifications at Primary School and Secondary School levels to UNEB standards at Primary Leaving Examinations (PLE), Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE – Ordinary level) and Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE – Advanced level). The following documents bundle includes procedures and important documentations necessary for the equating process.
UNEB does not issue duplicate certificates. In case of loss/damage of result slips and/or certificates, a letter of verification of results is issued to serve the concerned candidate. These are issued on request by individuals, educational institutions, employers and government agencies that carry out investigations. The requirements for this service are: (i) Individuals should:
- bring a letter from school/centre of sitting
- come in person. Candidates outside the country should send a copy of the identity document and a letter authorizing someone else to process the document.
- bring a letter from Police , in case of loss or damage of slip/certificate
- present a copy of a valid identity card
- pay processing fees as determined from time to time. Payment will be made to the Cashier and an appropriate receipt issued. The approved fee effective January 2015 is 40,000 shillings for an ordinary letter and 80,000 shillings for a Hard Card that serves as substitute for a certificate.
(ii) Institutions, agencies, bodies
- Provide a:
- letter of request addressed to the Executive Secretary, UNEB
- typed list of persons whose results are to be verified indicating level of examination (PLE, UCE or UACE) year of sitting and the correct index number (including both centre & candidate number)
- photocopies of the result document to be verified/confirmed and the “original” document where forgery is highly suspected
- Pay the Uganda National Examinations Board against an invoice issued by the Board.
Processing of letters of verification of results (LVR) is done at Ntinda office block. You can also apply online here
ALL communications and correspondences in view of obtaining official UNEB Documents and DATA are channeled through the Office of The Executive Secretary.
These letters should be official.
Please note that Official UNEB Data is accessed at a fee.
Examinations malpractice is a concern for everyone. This is why we work with you to ensure integrity in the conduct of our examinations.
If you suspect a malpractice please do not hesitate to contact us through the following
- Phone: +256 414 286635/6/7/8
- Mobile: +256 414 286636
- Fax: +256 414 286635
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postage: P.O Box 7066, Kampala Uganda.
- Physical: Plot 35 Matyrs Way Ntinda, Kampala.
Go to messages, Type the Exam code say, PLE [leave space] INDEX NUMBER and send to 6600. For example, to check for PLE candidate 000012/003, go to messages, type PLE 000012/003 and send to 6600. You will receive an SMS with the results. Please note that this service is charged UGX 500 per SMS
Using Internet Browser
Go to your web browser, Type ereg.uneb.ac.ug/results. In the form, enter the candidate’s Index Number and click SEARCH. A page with the Candidate’s results will load. Please note that this service is free and all you need is internet to access it.
Using Internet Browser
Go to your web browser, Type ereg.uneb.ac.ug/reg_status. In the form, enter the candidate’s Index Number and click SEARCH. A page with the Candidate’s Registration Status will load. Please note that this service is free and all you need is internet to access it.
UNEB DOES NOT communicate through social media such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Whatsapp etc. Treat all accounts purporting to to UNEB on social media as unscrupulous and unofficial.