100 PhDs for Africa – 2nd call for proposals
The (Mohammed VI Polytechnic University) UM6P/EPFL (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne) EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa programme is one of the three pillars of the Excellence in Africa initiative. It is designed to fund science and engineering graduates intending to complete a PhD at an African higher education institution.
PhD candidates benefiting from a UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa fellowship will be jointly supervised by a professor employed by their African home institution and by an EPFL professor. They may spend short time periods at the EPFL in the laboratory of their EPFL co-supervisor, but will chiefly conduct their doctoral studies and their thesis research in Africa. Their degree will be solely awarded by their home institution.
- To be a national of an African country
- To hold a Master’s degree awarded after the 1st of January 2020 or to be enrolled in the final year of the master’s study
- To have an outstanding academic track record
- To be enrolled in an African academic institution when the fellowship will start, and to reside in an African country for the duration of the PhD
- To have the endorsement of a professor of an African institution willing to supervise the doctoral thesis for its full duration
The programme awards funding of a maximum of 80’000 Swiss francs in total for a period of at most 54 months. Eligible costs include living allowance, tuition fees and research costs.
Interested applicants must apply on the online submission platform by 18 April 2023 (17:00 UTC +2)/18:00 EAT
Follow the link here: