The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications from suitable candidates for admission to a Three Year Regional PhD Programme in Agricultural and Applied Economics (By Coursework & Dissertation) for the 2021/2022 Academic Year tenable in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. In addition to the general admission requirements of Makerere University, Applicants should possess any of the following qualifications:
- An honours Masters’ degree in Agricultural and Applied economics, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics and Social Sciences from a chartered University or Institution of higher learning. Prerequisites for entry into the PhD program include:- statistics, calculus, intermediate microeconomics and econometrics. Master’s level microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, mathematics for economists, statistics for economists and linear algebra.
- Priority will be given to applicants with a Masters in Economics or Master of Science in Agricultural Economics from a chartered University.
Tuition fees per annum:
Ugandan & EA Students: UGX.10,000,000
International Students: UGX. 13,000,000
This programme is PRIVATELY SPONSORED. Therefore applicants seeking sponsorship should have their applications endorsed by their respective sponsors where applicable. Applicants should note that the Tuition fees payable to the University EXCLUDE functional fees, accommodation, books, research and other expenses.
- Visit the Makerere University’s Admissions URL https://apply.mak.ac.ug (Click on “HOW TO APPLY” for guidelines)
- Create your account, by clicking on “REGISTER NOW” Use your full name, email and Mobile No. Please note that your names must be similar to the ones on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid.
- A one time password (OTP) will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
- To fill an application form, the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the appropriate running scheme (Taught PhDs, Masters and Postgraduate Diplomas)
- Click and fill all the Sections on the form, one Section at a time. SAVE each FORM SECTION before moving to the next. When complete SUBMIT the Application.
- Obtain a payment reference number by clicking on the “Pay for Form” button.
- Make a payment at any of the banks used by Uganda Revenue Authority:
- Stanbic Bank
- Post Bank
- Centenary Bank
- DFCU Bank
- UBA Bank
- Print 2 copies of the filled form and attach 2 certified copies of your academic documents, 2 copies of all other relevant documents, 2 passport photos and the three referees’ letters of recommendation.
- Submit in office No. 307, level 3 Senate Building or email scanned copies of the mentioned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strictly observe the closing date of 15th November, 2021
- Contact the office of the College Registrar, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences for any further information regarding the programme or the College Principle’s Office +256 414 542277
For foreign applicants, application fees can be transferred by EFT or any other means in UGX to designated URA collection account in Bank of Uganda as follows:
Account Name: UGANDA REVENUE AUTHORITY COLLECTIONS
Account No.: 003410158000002
Swift Code: UGBAUGKAUAlfred Masikye Namoah
ACADEMIC REGISTRARFile Attachment: Call for Applications: Phd Agricultural & Applied Economics