THRiVE-2 project is a 5-year project implemented by a Consortium of Universities and Research Institutions funded by the DELTAS (Wellcome Trust and UK Aid). The main goal of THRVE-2 is to enhance the transformation of the East African Universities into world-class research hubs by spearheading the transition of PhD and post-doctoral fellows into health research leaders. THRiVE-2 focuses on infectious diseases/neglected tropical diseases (IDs/NTDs), maternal, neonatal and reproductive health (MN/RH) and non-communicable diseases (NCDs).
Individuals who have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the Academic Year 2018-2019 in the fields of science and humanities at Gulu University are invited to apply for the THRiVE-2 internship (one (1) vacancy). The internship period is for five (5) months.
The successful applicant will support Gulu THRiVE-2 Secretariat to achieve Consortium objectives including Monitoring and Evaluation. She/he may work with M&E team, the Secretariat, the Library, Administration, the Office of Research Ethics Committee and Multifunctional Bioscience Laboratories as will be determined from time to time. The individual will also be expected to participate in writing scientific reports and Newsletter articles.
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, copied to email@example.com, and should include a short narrative of 300 words describing reasons for interest in undertaking the internship training. The applicant should also attach Curriculum Vitae and a letter of support from the Faculty Dean indicating academic progress.
Terms of Reference (TOR)
The Intern shall be expected to:
- Reports to the Co-Applicant THRiVE-2 Gulu through the immediate supervisor.
- Assist in organising trainings and coordinating monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities.
- Support activities of Gulu University Research Ethics Committee (GUREC) when required.
- Support activities in the Multifunctional Bioscience Laboratories, Department, Faculty, Institute and Library.
- Produce Newsletters articles, and a compressive report including citing personal experiences during the internship.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 20th October 2020.