Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery Fees Structure
The Nightingale School of Nursing credit policy is to enable fee payment for parents and students more affordable as possible.
Particulars of the credit policy are as follows:
1. MAXIMUM CREDIT AMOUNT: Students are allowed a maximum credit amount equivalent to 30% of one semester’s fees i.e 70% payment of the semester’s fee must be paid before the beginning of the semester.
2. CREDIT TERMS: Students are allowed a maximum of 60 days from the beginning of the semester to pay their outstanding bills. The NSN has two payment options available to students namely:
a. Early payment: Students who make full payment before school re-opens will be entitled to 3.5% cash discount (reduction) on fees.
b. Two installment payments: Students who opt to pay the outstanding balance of their fees by two installments will be allowed a maximum period of 60days credit from the beginning of the semester, and pay a surcharge or an interest of 6% per semester on the amount due for the semester.
3. PENALTY FOR OVERDUE DEBTS/LATE FEE PAYMENT:
Students who do not meet their payment deadlines will be made to pay a penalty for the late payment of the overdue debt or fees
The following penalties shall apply:
a) Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢50.00) per week for late fee payment
b) Total withdrawal of credit privileges
c) Withholding of examination results and transcripts and possible suspension from the school until all financial obligations have been met.
4. Collection Procedures: The finance/accounts department will make regular correspondence to students with regards to their account status, in line with the account receivable management process.
• Friendly reminder after 7 Days of overdue payment
• Formal reminder after 14 Days of overdue payment
• Demand notice after 30 Days of overdue payment.
5. Signing onto the installment agreement: Students who cannot make full payment of fees on the invoice due date must sign onto the NSN standard Installment Agreement Plan.
6. Currencies and exchange rate: NSN currently accepts payments in either Ghana Cedis or US Dollar at the current exchange ra