Isbat University Foundation Programme / Courses
Foundation Programmes are widely accepted by many Higher Education institutions as an entry bridging component. In order to assist prospective students who do not have ‘A’ level or its equivalents, especially those applying from other countries need to apply for Foundation programme to obtain eligibility to join the UG degree programmes.
This innovative programme is carefully formulated between the support skills needed for academic life and academic subjects needed to sustain university studies. The mix of courses offered on the programme will set prospective students on a path to achieving their goals of obtaining a university education.Rationale:
The International Foundation Programme at ISBAT University is designed to provide future university students with further qualification and orientation to obtain essential skills for academic success. Among these are:
- Credentials for admission to ISBAT University and other English-speaking universities around the world
- Strong academic and study skills
- Fundamental knowledge in core academic subjects
- Academic English
Isbat University Foundation Programme Courses Duration:
This program is offered as a full-time, one-year intensive program with two semesters.Objectives of the Program:
The Program objectives are as follows:
- To provide a perspective to candidates who have insufficient secondary education duration at par with Uganda Standards
- To bring about the university learning in pace in the life of the student
- To equip the candidate to understand the difference and bridge the gap of university learning and secondary education
- To orient the candidate in the different stream of learning to choose the right specialization for a career path.
The foundation program is intended to bring about the following learning outcomes with its participants.
- Engage in effective critical inquiry by defining problems, gathering and evaluating evidence, and determining the adequacy of argumentative discourse
- Think creatively about complex problems in order to produce, evaluate, and implement innovative possible solutions, often as one member of a team
- Apply knowledge and the methods of reasoning characteristic of mathematics, statistics, and other formal systems to solve complex problems
- Equip the student to join university education.
Isbat University Foundation Programme Courses
Structure of ISBAT University International Foundation Programme:SEMESTER 1
|FPB101||Academic Skill Orientation||15||15||15||30||02|
|FPB102||English Language for University Studies||25||20||20||45||03|
Total Credits: 12SEMESTER 2
|FPB202||Effective Writing and Communication Skills||30||30||30||60||04|
|FPB203||Introduction to Business & Management||15||15||15||30||02|
ELECTIVE – SPECIALIZATION
|FIT204||Introduction to Programming||45||30||0||60||04|
Total Credits: 14