IntraHealth: Procurement & Logistics Manager Job 2019
Location: Mbale, MBALE, UGA
IntraHealth International. Inc.
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Reporting to the Director FMO, the Procurement and Logistics Manager will provide effective support to Programs and oversee implementation of all processes relating to procurement, warehousing and fleet management. S/he will work closely with the programs and Finance teams in the RHITES-E Activity.
Planning and Strategic;
- Plan for USAID RHITES-E Procurement and Logistics to ensure cost effectiveness and reliability
- Implement and maintain procurement and fleet management policies, systems and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a data base of prequalified suppliers
- Carry out vendor surveys and analysis, appraise and rate existing suppliers in line with the departmental business plan.
- Establish preferred vendor agreements for commonly used items and services
- Liaise with other departmental leads to ensure that the procurement department supports the programs efficiently and with minimal risks to the Project.
- With a full understanding of IntraHealth procurement policies, provide training to staff on these policies, application and processes.
- Ensure proper use of procurement thresholds and approval procedures.
- Ensure that USAID RHITES-E procurement activities are legal and conform to the USAID Rules and regulations.
- Assist Program and Operational personnel in regular procurement planning.
- Oversee the procurement solicitation process as per IntraHealth standards and formats;
- Preparation of procurement, trend and analytical reports on the efficiency of the entire procurement supply chain.
- Maintain price catalogue for commonly-bought items.
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure that payments to vendors are executed within the contractual timelines.
- Maintain a working relationship between the project and the vendor community for quality and timely supplies while ensuring the best value for money.
- Work closely with the Finance and Operations Director to scan the external and internal factors to guide procurement related investments.
- Maintain an open channel of communication for quality assurance support roles by IntraHealth HQ procurement office.
- Strengthen Standardization and enforcement of fleet management procedures, guidelines and processes
- Analyze and disseminate information from fleet management system for management decision
- Ensure that all organization’s motor vehicles and motorcycles are properly insured in accordance with the set policies.
- Promote and spearhead safety driving /riding of motorcycles and motor vehicles in the organization.
- Management of fleet and logistics related contracts for goods and services
- Prepare and analyze vehicle status and cost upkeep, provide recommendations on vehicle disposal
- Ensure effective performance management processes according to IntraHealth policies
- Manage, supervise, coach and mentor staff and build a team to achieve results
- Provide support to Procurement and Logistics staff to perform, accomplish tasks and advance their careers.
- Identify and encourage/recommend staff to undertake skills and capacity enhancement programs and provide coaching for performance.
- Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 5years working experience in managing a busy procurement section/department
- Knowledge of donor requirements (USAID and/or international procurement best practices)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization
- Attention to details and understanding of suppliers payment cycles/procedures
- Effective communication: Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments, Country offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Bachelors or better in Supply Chain Mgmt or related field.
5-8 years: Experience managing procurement function in a busy organization
3-4 years: Experience with USAID/Procurement best practices
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1