UNHCR: Telecoms Operator Job Vacancy 2019
VACANCY NOTICE: Internal/ External Vacancy Notice Number 014/2019
POSITION NUMBER: 10038824
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1
POSITION GRADE: GS-4
CLOSING DATE: 2019-06-20
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term
Direct supervision and support are received from the Head of the relevant functional unit. The incumbent will also refer to technical manuals and UNHCR instructions concerning telecom operations.
- Distributes incoming cables, messages, and other communication in accordance with established instructions;
- Ensures that all communications handed to him/her for transmission are properly prepared and authorized and promptly transmitted;
- Selects the most efficient and economic means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted;
- Maintains a station log where all occurrences related to the operation of the telecommunication equipment are entered;
- Ensures that no unauthorised communications are exchanged on the network;
- Ensures that all the equipment placed under his/her responsibility is maintained in good working condition;
- Assists new staff members in the proper operation of telecommunication equipment;
- May performs secretarial functions, such as handling paper work on routine, matters, arranges appointment/meetings both internally and externally, screening telephone calls, types a wide variety of materials from drafts, printed text, using a word processor.
- May assist in making Travel arrangements.
- Planning and Organizing
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Completed Secondary Education with a training or Certificate in radio/telecommunications.
- 2 years previous job experience relevant to the function
- English language is essential for the work of the post.
- Another UN language and good knowledge of the local language an asset.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Sound knowledge and practice of Secretarial functions
- Good Communication skills