UNHCR: Administrative Assistant Job 2019
VACANCY NOTICE Internal Vacancy Notice Number 012/2019
POSITION NUMBER: 10031232
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1
POSITION GRADE: GS-4
CLOSING DATE: 2019-06-13
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative assistance to the immediate supervisor and/or Head of the Office to ensure that routine services and activities within the administrative domain are properly implemented. Subject to the nature of the task/assignment in hand. S/he will receive regular guidance from his/her supervisor. As per specific instructions, the incumbent may require liaising with other internal or external entities, to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives. The nature of certain personnel/administrative tasks requires discretion and confidentiality as per UNHCR standards and practices. The incumbent’s workload and the assignments will remain under constant scrutiny and direction of the supervisor.
- Maintain hard and electronic office files and records; classify and code material relating to a variety of topics;
- Search and retrieve office files, and reproduce documentation and background material for reference and action by the supervisor, as and when required;
- Receive, register, route correspondence and office pouch. Maintain a follow up system
- Draft routine correspondence, memoranda and reports. Format more complex documents by using the appropriate technology.
- Facilitate implementation of Personnel administrative formalities and processing of documents in relation to official travels, leaves and movements of staff. Support staff members with processing personnel-related documentation.
- Maintain office inventory and stocks of office supplies. Monitor the asset management track to ensure all admin procurements and disposal of UNHCR property are done and recorded accurately.
- Assist the supervisor to monitor and record expenditure/disbursement of funds.
- Following instructions from the supervisor make logistic and administrative arrangements for seminars, workshops, and briefings that may be required by the Office/Division.
- May regulate and monitor routine provision of services and/or shifts from providers, as and when applicable;
- Monitor office/compound facilities and equipment and in consultation with the supervisor take appropriate action to ensure proper functioning at all time.
- Any other responsibilities/functions deemed necessary by the supervisor/or senior manager in order to meet the level of the services in the organization.
- Analytical Thinking
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Completion of Secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management , Human Resources or other related field.
- Minimum 4 years (for secondary education holder) or 3 years (for secondary education andcertifcate/training holder) of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People soft applications).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Good knowledge of UNHCR Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (Peoplesoft);
- Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to field office administration
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.