UMI Postgraduate Diploma in Information Systems Management (DISM)
Developments in Informationand Communication Technology(ICT) have dramatically changed the way information is collected, stored, processed, disseminated and used.
The programme delves on how information and communications technology can be used to achieve strategic goals. The focus is on the design, development, and implementation of cutting-edge information system solutions to solve important organisational problems.
- Management Skills Improvement
- Management Information System
- Research Methods
- Quantitative Methods in Decision Making
- ICT policy and Information System, IT Strategic Planning
- Information System Analysis, Design and Development
- Database Systems
- Data Communications and Networks
- Information System Security Management
- Information System Project Planning and Management
- Internet Technologies, Business Intelligence and data mining.
- Information Technology, Information System Governance and Audit
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
1.A good degree from a recognised University, OR a recognised relevant professional qualification and at least two years of working experience.
With the exception of the Postgraduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation, applicants with working experience of one year will be considered for the UMI Week-end Programmes, UMI-Mbarara Branch, UMI-Gulu Branch, UMI-Mbale Branch, and the Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
2.Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education(UACE) obtained at the same sitting.
3.If an applicant gained entrance to University through other means original documents to that effect should be presented.
(i) Mature Age Entry certificate, 25 years and above and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
(ii)Diploma Entry obtained at credit/distinction level from a recognised institution.
4.The minimum duration for the Bachelor’s degree should be three years.