The mandate of Uganda Police Force as provided in the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda, and Uganda Police Force Act Cap 303, is protection of life and property, prevention and detection of crime, keeping law and order, and maintenance of overall Security and Public Safety in Uganda.
A Professional and People Centered Police for a Safe and Secure Society.
To Secure Life and Property in Partnership with the Public in a Committed and Professional Manner in order to Promote Sustainable Development.
- Community oriented
Uganda Police Force Recruitment
We would like to inform the public that the 2nd batch of recruitment of 5000 police recruits has commenced today.Applications are, therefore, invited from interested candidates beginning 7th September till the 19th September, and should be submitted at the respective District/Divisional Police Headquarters.
The applications shall be transferred to Police Headquarters where a shortlist of successful candidates shall be processed and published for interviews at a date that will be released later.
This new batch of officers forms part of the recruitment of 10000 new police officers which was launched in August, as part of the police uplift program. It is our determination therefore, to continue with our planned programs despite the difficult Covid-19 climate. The 1st batch of new officers was successfully passed out, Covid-19 free
All interested applicants are advised to read and acquaint themselves with the minimum eligibility criteria before they apply. As a reminder they must;
- Possess a maximum academic qualification of UCE Certificate (O’level) or its equivalent with at least 4 credits including English and at least a pass in mathematics. Those who possess qualifications above UCE should NOT
- Be a Ugandan Citizen Valid National ID (NIN)
- Have no criminal record
- Be ready to undertake the requisite twelve months Police Basic Training Course.
- Be physically fit
- Ready to work long hours and at times under difficult conditions.
- Be ready to work in any part of the country.
- Possess good communication skills
- Must not be a former serving officers in any of the Forces