Uganda Martyrs University Postgraduate Courses Entry Requirements
Additional Entry Requirements
- Candidates may be required to fulfil other specific requirements for the courses applied for as may be applicable.
- Applicants from outside Uganda who are interested in pursuing courses of Uganda Martyrs University may be required to take a written test or an oral interview.
- Students who completed their undergraduate education in a non-English-speaking environment must provide proof of English Language and if not found proficient take the English Language Course offered by the University.
Admission of Occasional Students
- The University may admit into a programme an occasional student who is otherwise qualified but cannot enroll for a full programme.
- Candidates who apply for admission as occasional students shall initially not be UMU students.
- Candidates may be admitted at the beginning of any semester of the academic year.
- Upon registration the candidates shall register for the course they wish to attend with the respective Faculties/Schools/Institutes.
- Studying as an occasional student shall not lead to any award.
- Registered Occasional students shall not transfer to degree programmes or change status of registration on the basis of their performance.
- An assessment may be made and a partial transcript may be issued.
- Occasional students may transfer credits to their respective institutions.
- Occasional students are expected to adhere to the University Rules and regulations with which they should make themselves familiar at once on arrival.
Admission on Exchange Programme
Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) may admit students into a degree or diploma on exchange programme from partner Universities/Colleges.
The partner University should have a Memorandum of Understanding with UMU. The potential applicants should be enrolled as full time students in the home university.
The criteria shall be as follows:
- The candidate identifies courses offered at UMU that are applicable to his/her study programmes.
- The candidate applies to UMU.
- The duration of exchange will range from one semester to one year.
- Once admitted, the exchange students shall be registered as UMU students and are expected to adhere to the University rules and regulations.
- The credits obtained in UMU will be transferred to the home university.
Ineligibility for Admission
The following category of applicants shall not be admitted:
- Any applicant previously discontinued from UMU or any other university as a result of academic malpractice.
- Any applicant previously discontinued from UMU or any other university as a result of misrepresentation of academic documents or cheating to gain admission. Legal action will be taken against any applicant who presents forged academic documents
The following category of applicants may be re-admitted:
- Any applicant who was previously admitted for any programme at UMU and was discontinued on academic grounds may apply for the same programme or another programme and s/he may be admitted if s/he produces evidence of further learning that satisfies the University Senate basing on the applicant’s qualifications and capability that s/he is able to pursue the programme applied for.
- A discontinued student in regard to a) above may be admitted in the same programme or another programme after two years (24 months) have elapsed.