Nile University Uganda Grading System
The Bachelor’s degree is awarded after taking into account the results of all the courses in all the years and comprises the following components: Year I courses:1/6 Year II courses: 2/6 Year III courses:3/6
The Bachelor’s degree shall be classified as follows:
Class Average total for all years
First Class with Honours 4.5 – 5.0
Second Class with Honours (Upper) 3.5 – 4.4
Second Class with Honours (Lower) 2.4
Undergraduate Degree Programmes
- Entries shall be through the following avenues:
- Direct entry from advanced level, with a minimum of two principal passes at Advanced Level obtained at the same sitting, or its equivalent from recognized institutions.
- Special entry examination schemes.
- Diploma entry scheme: For persons holding Diplomas awarded by recognized institutions in relevant fields.
- Entrants from other recognized Universities.
- For persons from Advanced Level: One Principal Pass and One Subsidiary Pass at ‘A’ Level in the relevant subjects obtained in the same sitting or its equivalent from recognized institutions.
- For persons from Advanced Ordinary Levels with at least three (3) Credits and three Passes which must include English Language and Mathematics or its equivalent from recognized institutions.
A student who is required to repeat the third year of study shall NOT be eligible for the award of a degree with honours