Makerere University MAK Diploma Entry Scheme For 2020 – 2021
Find Information on the 2020/2021 Makerere University Diploma Entry Scheme, MAK online application portal, how to apply. This page also contains the Makerere University, MAK Application Form for 2020/2021 intakes. See details below:
The online application is for suitably qualified SCHOOL LEAVERS, NON SCHOOL LEAVERS and SPECIAL CASES.
MAKERERE UNIVERSITY, MAK ONLINE ADMISSION AND APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Things you need
- An email address and contact number
- Your academic Documents to pick Key detail like award institution, index number for o and a level, year of award or sitting etc.
- An Internet Connection
How to Apply
- Step 1: Accessing the Application Portal Link
- Access the online application link as listed in the advert. Ensure that the page is secure before you continue.
- NOTE: There might be other websites masquerading as the application portal. Only access the link advertised by the university
- Step 2: Signup
- Signup by clicking the orange signup button at the bottom of the page. If you cannot see the button, your browser could be having a zoom in setting. Zoom out holding down the “CTRL” button and pressing “+” button on PC and “CMD” and “+” on Mac
- A password (six-digit number) will be sent to your mobile number and your email address.
- NOTE: Sometimes depending your Mobile Telecom service provider, the message may delay or not be delivered. In this case, don’t panic, simply check your email. The same information is sent to your email as well.
- Login using this password and your email address or your mobile number by selecting the “login with Tel No” option
- After Logging in, you will be prompted to change the password to the one you can remember. Password should have at least a length of six Character. The system will take you back to the login prompt to now login with your new password
- Step 3 Filling a Form
- After Logging in, click on the “APPLY NOW” Button to view the advertised Schemes Read the instructions carefully of each of the scheme you want to apply for
- Fill in the application form accordingly. To submit there is minimum information that must be captured. If you don’t have this information ready, simply save the form and return later to complete it when you have all the information required to submit the application form
- Once the form is completely filled and submitted the following actions can be done
NOTE: Remember to Logout after you have finished applying.
MAK APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR AUGUST INTAKE
- Apply before the April 30th deadline. These are applications for our August intake.
Makerere University MAK Diploma Entry Scheme Admission Requirements 2020/2021
Each applicant should possess AT LEAST a Credit or Second Class or equivalent Diploma in a relevant field from a recognised Institution plus a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 Passes (or its equivalent) and a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least One Principal Pass and Two Subsidiary Passes obtained at the same sitting (or its equivalent) .
The application fee of Shs.50,000/= (Fifty thousand shillings only) plus the Bank Charge should be paid to any Stanbic Bank, dfcu Bank (Makerere Branch), ECO Bank and Centenary Bank before collecting the application form from the Admissions Office, Room 314, Level 3, in the Senate Building, Makerere University.
Certified copies of Diploma Transcripts (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions must be attached to the application forms. Incomplete application forms shall not be accepted.
Details of the Diplomas required for each programme can be accessed from downloads below (Listed under the respective Colleges). The details of requirements can be obtained from Undergraduate Admissions(Diploma) on Level 3, Senate Building, Makerere University.
Each applicant should also attach a copy of the Birth Certificate to the application form.
Candidates are warned against submitting forged academic documents.
The number of candidates admitted to each programme under the Diploma Holders Avenue does not exceed 5% of the intake per programme.
For the Private Scheme the quota for Diploma/Degree Holder applicants does not exceed 20% of the intake per programme
The following Programmes have no Diploma Scheme.
(a) B.Sc. Education
(b) B.A. Education
(c) B. Sc (Actuarial Science)
(i) Ordinary Diploma Programme
The minimum entry requirements for admission to an ordinary diploma programme are:
a) Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes
b) Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least 1 Principal pass and 2 Subsidiary passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
ii) Admission of CISCO Holders to Makerere University Programmes
The requirements for admitting applicants who possess CISCO Qualification to programmes at Makerere University are:
a) A candidate who has completed the full series of training (known as CCNA 1- 4 stages) under the aegis of the CISCO programmes, can be considered as having obtained the equivalent of an Ordinary Diploma with effect from 2010/2011 Intake.
b) Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes