Geotechnical engineering is the study of the behaviour of soils under the influence of loading forces and soil-water interactions. This knowledge is applied to the design of foundations, retaining walls, earth dams, clay liners, and geosynthetics for waste containment.
Geotechnical engineering, also known as geotechnics, is the branch of civil engineering concerned with the engineering behavior of earth materials. It uses the principles of soil mechanics and rock mechanics for the solution of its respective engineering problems
Here are the List Of Geotechnical Engineering Schools In Uganda
Kyambogo University Faculty of Engineering
Makerere University Faculty of Engineering
Ndejje University Faculty of Engineering
Uganda Technical College Kichwamba Faculty of Engineering
Busitema University Faculty of Engineering
Uganda Christian University Faculty of Engineering
Muteesa 1 Royal University Faculty of Engineering
Mbarara University of Science and Technology Faculty of Engineering
Nakawa Vocational Training Institute Faculty of Engineering
Uganda Technical College-Lira Faculty of Engineering
Which engineering course is the best in Uganda?
- Computer Science and Engineering.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
How much are engineers paid in Uganda?
Salary range for the majority of workers in Electrical engineers – from USh751,363 to USh3,074,155 per month – 2022. A Electrical engineers typically earns between USh751,363 and USh2,210,191 net per month at the start of the job.
Where can I study civil engineering in Uganda?
Colleges and Universities Offering Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering in Uganda
- The International University of East Africa, Kampala. Applicants are expected to possess any of the qualifications below:
- Kabale University, Kabale.
- Ndejje University, Kampala.
- Soroti University, Soroti.
- Makerere University, Kampala.
What qualifications do you need to study civil engineering?
- A Level BBC or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDM or;
- Access to Engineering qualifications with 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits including Maths and Physical Science credit or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points.
- Level 3 qualifications must include Maths and Physics.
How long is a civil engineering course?
The Department of Civil Engineering offers a 4-year Bachelor of Science (Eng) in Civil Engineering. Students learn about the various civil engineering areas during lectures and also have practical sessions in labs.