What is Updf?
The Uganda People’s Defence Force, previously known as the National Resistance Army, is the armed forces of Uganda.
From 2007 to 2011, the International Institute for Strategic Studies estimated the UPDF had a total strength of 40,000–45,000 and consisted of land forces and an air wing.
How To Join Updf In Uganda
1.Citizenship: MUST be a Ugandan citizen and must be in possession of an Original National Identity Card.
2. Medical: MUST be healthy and medically fit; ready to undergo medical and physical body check and a road run to test endurance and body fitness.
3. Age: Regular Recruits must be male and female adults between the age of 18-25 years and professionals between 18 and 30 years.
4. Marital status: MUST be single with no children.
5. Education standard. Regular Recruits must possess a minimum formal education of S.4 (UCE) or S.6 in science subjects. Original certificates of 2016, 2017 and 2018 with a school IDs are a must.
6. Professionals: Degree/Diploma holders in medicine, chemistry, Engineering, teachers and vocational skills.
7. Conduct: Candidates must be of good conduct with no criminal record. Letters of recommendations from LC I, LC III, GISOs duly signed are a MUST, to confirm their conduct.
8. Moral Standards: Presentation of forged documents is criminal and culprits will be liable to prosecution.
How long is UPDF training?
Between nine months to one year
What are the needed document you need to join UPDF?
Application forms 3(2008)
Three photocopies of certificates/result slips.
Three (03) recent passport size photographs.
Photocopy of National citizenship identity card and ID of former school.
Certificate of good conduct with no criminal record
A letter of recommendation from L.C. I chairpersons of your villages
Recommendation letter from L.C II and L.C III chairpersons of Districts of Origin.
A reliable telephone contact of the applicant.