What is Driving Permit?
A driver’s permit, learner’s permit, learner’s license or provisional license is a restricted license that is given to a person who is learning to drive,
but has not yet satisfied the prerequisite to obtain a driver’s license.
How To Get Uganda Driving Permit
Below are how to acquire a driving permit in Uganda
- Firstly, collect the application form from any of these centers. They include; TLB branch offices, Banks, Face Technologies Offices, and or download it from the URA Portal on this link.
- Secondly, fill out the application form and ensure you are examined by a registered medical practitioner for physical examination.
- Go to Uganda Revenue Authority Portal to generate the Learner’s assessment form (PRN).
- Also, visit any bank of your choice and pay the appropriate fees of UGX30,000 for the Learners / Provisional Permit to the URA account.
- Go to Face Technologies Office with the bank receipt together with the duly filled application form.
- Face Technologies will capture your Biometric features. After that, proceed to pay the required fees of UGX 30,000 (cash) to Face Technology for producing the Learners’ permit.
Face Technologies will issue the Learners’ Permit after payment of the required fees
How much does a permit cost in Uganda?
You need to know how much you’ll pay for a driving permit. In addition, you also should know for how long you will hold it before renewal.
A 5 year validity costs UGX 330,000; a 3 year validity costs UGX 230,000; while a 1 year validity costs UGX 135,000.
How do I renew my driving permit in Uganda?
Below is how driving permit id been renew
Step #1: Visit ura.go.ug
Step #2: Select eService’s
Step #3: Then Select Payment registration
Step #4: Select NTR (as you can see below)
Step #5: After, fill in the details as enlisted on the website (see screenshot below)
Step #6: Select either to renew or register for a new driving permit. Choose the type of permit you want. All the options are enlisted below.
After you select your permit type, the price box will automatically be filled.
Step #7: Verify your Identity by input any of the ID numbers listed below.
Step #8: After that, choose your preferred payment option.
After which click ACCEPT and REGISTER.
If you choose a bank, you will receive a printable form via email, that you can use at any bank.
If you choose mobile money, you will be prompted to pay via the Mobile money number you input.
Other payment options like VISA and MasterCard will require you to input your details so as to complete payment.
Step #9: After paying, you will be required to visit the Driver’s License office, at UDLS Offices. Here are the google map directions to their Kampala offices.
How long does it take to process a driving permit in Uganda?
Once you submit all documents for renewal or a new license, our head office in Kampala should issue your license in about an hour,
while branches outside of Kampala should issue the license within forty-eight hours.