Below is how East African Passport is apply in Uganda
1. Navigate to the passport portal: www.passports.go.ug.
2. Click the Start New Application link to start a new application.
3. Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
4. Answer simple security questions.
5. Complete the passport application form.
6. Print the Passport Application Payment Advice Form.
7. Make payment for the selected type of passport using the selected payment method.
8. Schedule an appointment with the nearest Mission/Embassy for face-to-face interviews.
How long does it take to get an East African passport in Uganda?
It takes 10 working days to process a passport with the regular fees, Ugx 250,000 and 2 working days for the Express Process at Ugx 400,000.
This is after enrollment process is complete.
What are the benefits of an East African passport?
East African passport (light blue cover): Issuable to Kenyans for travel within the East African Community, valid for six months and usable for multiple entry into:
Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi.
How many countries can you visit with an East African passport?
If you hold a Kenyan passport, then I have good news for you. Your passport can allow to travel to 72 countries either visa free or that you can get a visa on arrival when travelling to these countries.