FAQ: Replace your UNEB Certificate or Slip


The Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) does not issue duplicate certificates. In case of loss/damage of result slips and/or certificates, a letter of verification of results is issued to serve the concerned candidate. These are issued on request by individuals, educational institutions, employers and government agencies that carry out investigations. The requirements for this service are: (i) Individuals should:

  • bring a letter from the school/centre of sitting
  • come in person. Candidates outside the country should send a copy of the identity document and a letter authorizing someone else to process the document.
  • bring a letter from Police, in case of loss or damage of slip/certificate
  • present a copy of a valid identity card
  • pay processing fees as determined from time to time. Payment will be made to the Cashier and an appropriate receipt issued. The approved fee effective January 2015 is 40,000 shillings for an ordinary letter and 80,000 shillings for a Hard Card that serves as a substitute for a certificate.

(ii) Institutions, agencies, bodies

  • Provide a:
  • letter of request addressed to the Executive Secretary, UNEB
  • typed list of persons whose results are to be verified indicating level of examination (PLE, UCE or UACE) year of sitting and the correct index number (including both centre & candidate number)
  • photocopies of the result document to be verified/confirmed and the “original” document where forgery is highly suspected
  • Pay the Uganda National Examinations Board against an invoice issued by the Board.

Processing of letters of verification of results (LVR) is done at Ntinda office block.  You can also apply online here

For additional support and assistance, use the contact information provided below;

Contact Us

Uganda National Examinations Board

35 Matyrs Way Ntinda, Kampala

Phone: +256 414 286635/6/7/8

Mobile: +256 414 286636

Fax: +256 414 286635

Email: uneb@uneb.ac.ug

See related UNEB pages here