Bishop Stuart University Postgraduate Admissions 2020 / 2021
Entry Requirements for Postgraduate Courses
- A Bachelors degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division or equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
- Admission requirements and regulations for all postgraduate programmes appear under the Graduate School.
Bishop Stuart University is committed to the development of the desired quality education at national and international levels; through research, scholarship and ethical growth in professional achievements and service in the interest of national development.
1. The Direct Entry Scheme
A candidate shall be deemed eligible for consideration for admission to a first degree programme of the university if the candidate has obtained:
- The Uganda Certificate of Education (O level) or an equivalent qualification.
- At least two advanced level passes in approved subjects at the same sitting of the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (A level or an equivalent qualification).
2. The Diploma Holder’s Entry Scheme
A candidate seeking admission to a degree programme at the university must be a holder of a Diploma relevant to the desired field of study.
3.The Certificate Holder’s Entry Scheme
A candidate shall be eligible for consideration for admission to a programme leading to a Diploma of the university if the candidate has obtained:
- The UCE or an equivalent from a recognized institution
- A certificate from recognized institution after O level (Farm schools, Grade III Teacher training College etc).
NB: For certificate in Nursery teaching and Agribusiness, a UCE certificate shall be the minimum qualification requirement.
For more information, contact
The Academic Registrar
Bishop Stuart University
P. O. Box 9 Mbarara