Bishop Stuart University Admission Requirements
General Academic Information
All applications for Undergraduate degree courses by Bishop Stuart University candidates should be addressed to, The Registrar, P.O. Box 09, MBARARA. so as to reach him not later than 30th June of the year for which admission is sought.
Entry Requirements for Undergraduate Degree Courses
A minimum of 2 principal passes at A-Level or equivalent obtained at the same sitting. In addition, applicants must meet specific degree requirements for each course. The entry requirements set should be regarded as the minimum, which in noway entitle an applicant to a place at the university.
Entry Requirements for Postgraduate Courses
- A Bachelors degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division or equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
- Admission requirements and regulations for all postgraduate programmes appear under the Graduate School.
Bishop Stuart University is committed to the development of the desired quality education at national and international levels; through research, scholarship and ethical growth in professional achievements and service in the interest of national development.
At present there are three avenues of entry to the university
- The direct entry scheme
- The Diploma holders entry scheme
- The certificate holders entry scheme
1. The Direct Entry Scheme
A candidate shall be deemed eligible for consideration for admission to a first degree programme of the university if the candidate has obtained:
- The Uganda Certificate of Education (O level) or an equivalent qualification.
- At least two advanced level passes in approved subjects at the same sitting of the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (A level or an equivalent qualification).
2. The Diploma Holder’s Entry Scheme
A candidate seeking admission to a degree programme at the university must be a holder of a Diploma relevant to the desired field of study.
3.The Certificate Holder’s Entry Scheme
A candidate shall be eligible for consideration for admission to a programme leading to a Diploma of the university if the candidate has obtained:
- The UCE or an equivalent from a recognized institution
- A certificate from recognized institution after O level (Farm schools, Grade III Teacher training College etc).
NB: For certificate in Nursery teaching and Agribusiness, a UCE certificate shall be the minimum qualification requirement.
For more information, contact
The Academic Registrar
Bishop Stuart University
P. O. Box 9 Mbarara