African Rural University Uganda ARU Public Lectures
African Rural University Admissions. Visit Our Admissions Portal For Details
In her capacity as a center of knowledge, ARU continues not only to perform her cardinal duties of Teaching, Research and Community Practice but also goes an extra mile to organize relevant public lectures that are attended by University staff, students , the rest of URDT family members plus members of the outside community. Some of the spectacular Public lectures ARU has had include:
- “Poetry” by Ms. Beverly Namboozo Nsengiyunva – Founder of BN Poetry Foundation.
- “Transforming Ugandan Society from a Peasant to a Modern and Prosperous Country within 30 years – How do we ensure women fully participate?” by Ms. Dorothy M. Tuma – Founder of Women’s Centre for Job Creation (FWCJC).
- “Providing Green Energy Systems and Employment for Communities in Developing Countries” by Mr. Richard Hallas – Chief Executive Officer of Support Green Communities (SGC) Company.
- “Local Economic Enterprise Development with a focus on Entrepreneurship and Innovations in Rural Enterprises Development” by Mr. Madira Davidson – Managing Director of Natural Enterprises Development Limited (NED Ltd).
- “Private Entrepreneurship basing on experiences from the Earth University” by Mr. Francis Nimukunda – Graduate of Earth University.
- “Comments on the Ugandan National NGO Policy” by Prof. J.B. Kwesiga – formerly a Professor at Makerere University Institute of Adult Education and later C.E.O DENIVA.
- “The Role of Foreign Aid, Fore in Capital and Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) in the Development of Uganda with Special Reference to Kibaale District” by Mr. Emily Kugonza – Executive Director of Emesco Foundation.