Institutions are expected to update basic information of the school, capture data on enrollment, teaching load, as well as updating any other information in TMIS. The deadline for capturing all the data is 15th March . This is according to the latest memo from TSC.
Schools have been asked by the Teachers Service Commission, TSC, to update their data on the Teachers Management Information System (TMIS). The data which is updated on termly basis captures teachers’ information, school details and learners’ enrollment; among other pieces of information.
Institutions are expected to update basic information of the school, capture data on enrollment, teaching load, as well as updating any other information in TMIS. The deadline for capturing all the data is 15th March 2020. This is according to the latest memo from TSC.
To update the TMIS data
- Visit the official TSC website by using the address https://TSC.go.ke
- From the home page, select the ‘ONLINE SERVICES’ tab and then ‘TEACHERS ONLINE SERVICES’.
- On the new page, scroll down to the Log in window on the left side of the window and titled ‘OFFICIAL’. Enter the User Name and Password (as provided by the TSC Sub County Director) then click on ‘LOG IN’.
- On the next window, click on ‘TMIS RETURNS’ followed by ‘SUBMIT TEACHER RETURNS’.
- Enter the correct school’s data on the ‘BASIC DETAILS’ window and click on ‘NEXT TO ENROLLMENT’.
- Declare the correct ‘ORDINARY SCHOOL ENROLLMENT’ data. Remember, to change parameters in each area just click on the respective icons under the ‘ACTION’ column.
- Select ‘NEXT TO TEACHERS DETAILS’ to modify data on the institution’s teachers.
- To modify data for each teacher, click on the icon under the ‘ACTION’ column.
- To add a new member of Staff, scroll to the bottom of the page and enter the TSC number under the ‘TSC NO’ column. Click on the Search icon. Once the teacher’s detached are displayed, declare any editable data as may be required.
- Other tabs whose data can be updated include: TEACHERS SPECIAL NEEDS, TEACHERS ON STUDY LEAVE, SUBJECT ENROLLMENT, NON FULL TEACHING LOAD and KCSE/ KCPE PERFORMANCE.