The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications for admission to a three year Bachelor of Education External (BED) Degree Programme for the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Each applicant should hold at least a credit or second class diploma in education from a recognised institution, plus UCE with at least 5 passes or its equivalent and UACE with at least one principal pass and two subsidiary passes of the relevant principal subjects or its equivalent.
Candidates whose “O” and “A” level results are of grades “Y”, “Z”, “7” and “9” should not apply because they are not eligible for admission, and candidates who hold 3rd Class or Pass diplomas need not apply.
- A Certified copy of diploma academic transcript from the awarding institution must be attached to the application form. Each applicant should also attach a copy of her/his birth certificate to the application form.
- NB: candidates will be responsible for verification of their academic documents from the awarding institutions after admission.
- Candidates are warned against submitting forged academic documents as this will lead to automatic cancellation of admission, revocation of award where applicable and prosecution in the courts of law.
ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL USER GUIDE
- Applicants should access the Institution’s Admissions URL http://admissions.mak.ac.ug
- Sign up using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 301 with an affidavit supporting the name change.
- A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
- To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running scheme.
- Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for Form” button
- Make a payment at any of bank used by URA
- Print the filled form and attach certified copies of your academic documents.
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING A PAYMENT REFERENCE NUMBER FOR
PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES
- Go the payment reference site: https//:payments.mak.ac.ug
- Fill in your name;
- Fill in your email;
- Fill in your telephone number – Go to the next
- Click on the option number;
- Application fee = 50,000/=(Undergraduate) continue and get the pay reference number
- Go to the Bank and pay
- Go to room 316 Senate Building and submit certified copies of your academic documents.
Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
Do not buy any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar’s Office. Those who buy them do so at their own risk.
The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agents to act on his behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fee stated above.
The closing date for submission of applications will be 30th June, 2021.
Full details of advert can be accessed by downloading the document below:Mak-Admissions-Advert-BED-EXTERNAL-2021-2022-Academic-YearDownload
Alfred Masikye Namoah
12th April 2021