Kyambogo University 2019/2020 Intake
A. ADVERTISEMENT OF DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION PRIMARY AND DIPLOMA IN SPECIAL NEEDS EDUCATION-EXTERNAL
The Academic Registrar, Kyambogo University, invites applications for private admissions from suitably qualified candidates for the Diploma in Education Primary (DEPE) and Diploma in Special Needs Education (DSNEE) 2019/2020 Academic Year.
1. Each applicant should hold at least The Ugandan Certificate of Education (O’Level) with a minimum of 5 passes obtained at the same sitting, Grade II Certificate/Competence test, Grade III result slip (not Certificate).
Candidates whose “O” and “A level results are of grades “Y”, “Z”, “7” AND “9” should not apply because they are not eligible for admission, and candidates who hold 3 RD CLASS OR PASS CERTIFICATES need not apply.
2. A certified copy of Grade III result slip from the awarding institution must be attached to the application form. Each applicant should also attach a copy of her/his birth certificate to the application form.
3. Applicants with qualifications from countries other than Uganda must submit photocopies of equated academic documents from UNEB to the Admissions Office, Room 3 on submission of the online application form and not later than the closing date for receiving applications. They should also submit photocopies of their International Academic documents in addition to the UNEB equivalents.
NB: Candidates will be responsible for verification of their academic documents from the awarding institutions after admission.
|S.No.||PROGRAMME||ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS||STUDY CENTRE|
|1||Diploma in Education Primary (DEPE)||A minimum of UCE certificate with at least 5 passes obtained at the same sitting, Grade II or Competence test and trained as a Grade III teacher.||Kibuli PTC Jinja PTC, Wanyange St. Noa Mawagali, Busuubizi Kabwangasi PTC St. Aloysius PTC, Ngora Canon Lawrence PTC, Boroboro Christ the King PTC, Gulu St. John Bosco PTC, Lodonga St. Gearge’s PTC, Ibanda Bikira PTC, Rakai|
|2||Diploma in Special Needs Education (DSNEE)||A minimum of UCE certificate with at least 5 passes obtained at the same sitting, Grade II or Competence test and trained as a Grade III teacher.||Sancta Maria PTC, Nkokonjeru St. Mary’s PTC Bukedea Loro Core PTC Bikira PTC, Rakai Kamurasi PTC Kiyoora PTC|
B. ADVERTISEMENT OF BACHELOR OF EDUCATION SECONDARY, BACHELOR OF EDUCATION PRIMARY AND BACHELOR OF SPECIAL NEEDS EDUCATION-EXTERNA
The Academic Registrar, Kyambogo University invites applications for private admissions from suitably qualified candidates for the Bachelor of Education Primary External (BEPE) and Bachelor of Special Needs Education-External (BSNEE), Bachelor of Education Secondary External (tenable at Bushenyi /Soroti Learning Centres) 2019/20
- Each applicant should hold at least a credit or second class diploma in education from a recognized institution, plus UCE with at least 5 passes or its equivalent and UACE with at least one principal pass and two subsidiary passes of the relevant principle subjects or its equivalent.
Candidates whose O and A level results are grades Y, Z, 7, and 9 should not apply because they are not eligible for admission and candidates who hold 3 RD CLASS OR PASS DIPLOMAS need not apply.
- A certified copy of the diploma academic transcript from the awarding institution must be attached to the application form. Each application should also attach a copy of her/his birth certificate to the application form.
- Applicants with qualifications from countries other than Uganda must submit photocopies of equated academic documents from UNEB to the Admissions office room 3 on submission of the online application form and not later than the closing date for receiving applications. Candidates who sat outside Uganda should submit photocopies of original documents in addition to UNEB equivalents.
NB. Candidates will be responsible for verification of academic documents from awarding institutions after admissions.
Available subject combinations for the Bachelor of Education Primary-External (BEPE) and Bachelor of Special Needs Education-External (BSNEE) 2019/2020 Academic Year can be accessed on the website https://admissions.kyu.ac.ug or www.kyu.ac.ug.
|S.No.||PROGRAMME||ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS||STUDY CENTRE|
|1||Bachelor of Education Secondary||A minimum of UCE certificate with at least 5 passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent and trained as a Grade III teacher plus the following:||Soroti Learning Centre, Jinja PTC Wanyange St. Noa Mawaggali PTC, Busuubizi|
|2||Bachelor of Education Primary External (BEPE)||Diploma in Education – Secondary|
Diploma in Education – Primary
|Bushenyi Learning Centre|
|Diploma in Special Needs Education||Canon Lawrence PTC, Boroboro|
|Diploma in Teacher Education||St. John Bosco PTC, Lodonga, Kabwangasi PTC|
|3||Bachelor of Special Needs Education- External (BSNEE).||A minimum of UCE certificate with at least 5 passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent and trained as a Grade III teacher plus the following:||Sancta Maria PTC, Nkokonjeru Loro Core PTC Soroti Learning Centre, Bushenyi Learning Centre|
|Diploma in Special Needs Education||Kamurasi PTC, Kiyoora, PTC|
HOW TO APPLY
- The application will be online using the new AIMS System. Payments will be made after obtaining a pay reference number using System. You will have to submit certified copies of your result slips and certificates and a passport size photograph to Block 2 Admission Office Room 3 after payment of a non-refundable application fee of Shs. 50,000/=(Nationals from the Republics of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan) and $30 (Other Nationals) plus the bank charges.
KYAMBOGO UNIVERSITY ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL USER GUIDE
- Applicants should access the Institution’s Admissions URL http://admissions.kyu.ac.ug
- Signup using the full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your names must be the same as those on your academic documents for your application to be considered valid.
- A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
- To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running scheme.
- Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on the “Pay for Form” button
- Make a payment at any of the following Banks: (a) Stanbic Bank, (b) ECO Bank, (c) Centenary Bank, (d) DFCU Bank, (e) UBA Bank, (f) Barclays Bank
- To confirm receipt of your application payment, please check the email using the email address you used to sign up. If you do not receive any email within 30 minutes after payment, log into your admission account and check the status of the form you have paid for. It should be ‘PAID’. If the status does not change within 24 hours from the time of your payment, please go to the bank branch and confirm that your payment has been sent to Kyambogo University and then contact us using the contact provided on the admission portal or come to Kyambogo University Admissions Office to clear any arising issues. All enquiries should be addressed to the ACADEMIC REGISTRAR at the above address
- Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. This will lead to automatic cancellation of admission, revocation of the award where applicable and prosecution in the courts of law.
- Do not buy any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar’s Office. Those who buy them do so at their own risk.
- The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agents to act on her behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fee stated above which must be paid in the designated Banks mentioned above.
The deadline for receiving application forms is Friday 31st October 2019 by 12.00am (Mid-night).