Uganda Management Institute (UMI) Postgraduate Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management (DLTM)
Uganda Management Institute – Kampala Branch
Modern organizations (public, private and third sector) in their efforts to cope with an ever changing and challenging environment use two key processes to build their future. The first is strategic planning which enables top management to determine what business direction it wants to achieve. The second is the logistics and transportation management which enables the organization to proceed in a systematic way to identify and turn specific opportunities into profitable business. The programme will facilitate the participants with practical skills in managing transport and logistics. For the working class, the Programme should ground their practical knowledge, skill and positive attitude in the field.
Programme learning outcomes
At the end of the programme participants should be able to:
- Apply logistics and transport knowledge to deliver customer and organizational value in the public, private and third sectors.
- Lead transport and logistics Programmes using effective and efficient operations.
- Develop institutional transport and logistics policies and strategies for organizations.
- Acquisition of the necessary managerial skills and the application thereof to solve day-today problems
- Management Skills Improvement
- Management Information Systems(MIS)
- Research Methods
- Quantitative Methods
- Logistics and Procurement Management
- Transport Policy and Planning
- Marketing and distribution Management
- Transport and Fleet Management
- Warehousing and stores management
- Planning and Budgeting in Transport & Logistics
- xGlobal freight Logistics Management
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
1.A good degree from a recognised University, OR a recognised relevant professional qualification and at least two years of working experience.
With the exception of the Postgraduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation, applicants with working experience of one year will be considered for the UMI Week-end Programmes, UMI-Mbarara Branch, UMI-Gulu Branch, UMI-Mbale Branch, and the Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
2.Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education(UACE) obtained at the same sitting.
3.If an applicant gained entrance to University through other means original documents to that effect should be presented.
(i) Mature Age Entry certificate, 25 years and above and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
(ii)Diploma Entry obtained at credit/distinction level from a recognised institution.
4.The minimum duration for the Bachelor’s degree should be three years.