University of Fort Hare (UFH) Prospectus 2020
University of Fort Hare UFH Prospectus includes the following
DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO STUDY?
It is a good idea to have a career objective in mind, check the admission requirements of the various qualifications offered at the University of Fort Hare.
UFH Important Application Information
Application Cycle for 2020 opens on the 3rd of June
Application Fee – Admission
(a) Non‐refundable application fee to accompany all applications for admission by new students payable on or before the 31st August: R120.00
(b) Non‐refundable application fee to accompany all late applications for admission by new students after 31st August for any undersubscribed qualifications, as informed by the faculties: R 300.00
Application Fee – Residence
(a) Non‐refundable application fee to accompany all applications for accommodation by new students payable on or before the 31st August: R 120.00
(b) Acceptance of accommodation payable before the 31st December: R 1000.00
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit your application form and all the necessary documentation including application fee before the closing date.
2. An SMS will be sent to you informing you of the status of your application thereafter a letter of confirmation.
3. Current matriculants who qualify based on their Grade 12 mid-term performance, are provisionally admitted pending the submission of their final matric results and subject to availability of space.
4. Successful applicants will receive an admission letter, together with a registration guide, which reflects the registration dates and orientation programme. It is important to note that all applicants who wrote the National Senior Certificate (NSC) are required to write the National Benchmark test (NBT) before they are allowed to register for their 1st year at University.
University of Fort Hare Qualifications Offered
University of Fort Hare have a wide range of courses offered. Below are the major faculties available at UFH
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Health Sciences
Faculty of Law (Nelson R. Mandela School of Law)
Faculty of Management & Commerce
Faculty of Science & Agriculture
Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities
UFH STUDENT SELECTION AND ADMISSIONS PROCESS
1. Download the application forms or collect them from the Students Registration Office.
2. These are completed and returned to the Students Registration Office and get sorted per-Faculty.
3. Then the faculty selection committee (Deputy Dean: Teaching and Learning, Faculty Manager, HODs and Administrators) convenes to do the selection.
4. Admission is done on merit, using the Swedish point system (High scores are considered first in chronological order)
5. For interview programmes students are invited for presentations prior to selection *
6. The current matrics are provisionally accepted pending their matric final results and availability for admission into programmes, plus NBT results
7. The application forms are checked and signed by the Faculty Manager according to the admission status.
8. Once the forms are signed, they are given back to the Students Registration Office to capture the status which is then communicated to the students as backup.
9. The Faculty keeps records of the accepted students as backup. Wait listed students are considered after registration of accepted students
10. Accepted students get notification from the Students Registration Office.
NOTE: Download UFH Prospectus