Islamic University Uganda August Intake
Admission into IUIU is made twice every academic year; in August, at all campuses and in January, only at Kampala Campus. The academic year begins in August and ends in July.
Students have the option to enroll for Day, Evening or Weekend Programmes. Day programmes are conducted from Monday to Friday starting at 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the other hand evening programmes start from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
While weekend programmes are conducted on Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The Evening and Weekend programmes are tailored for the convenience of employed students who have to keep at their jobs.
General minimum entry requirements
1.For the undergraduate degree programmes, applicants should have either:
– At least 5 passes at O’ level (UCE)
– At least 2 principal passes at A’level (UACE)
– A Diploma qualification from a recognized institution of Higher Learning;
– A pass in Mature Age Examinations.
2.For Diploma programmes, the applicant should have either:
– At least 5 passes at O’level (UCE)
– At least 1 Principal pass at A’ level (UACE) plus 2 subsidiary passes; or,
– The equivalent of the above.
3.For postgraduate Degree and Diploma programmes;
– First degree from a recognized university
– O’ level certificate with at least 3 principle passes or A’ level certificate with at least 2 subsidiaries.
Note: there are specific entry requirement for every programme a student would wish to pursue at the Islamic University in Uganda.
For any inquiries on applications for admission contact
The Academic Registrar Islamic University in Uganda
P.O Box 2555, Mbale
Tel: +256 702 931 576
Or visit www.iuiu.ac.ug