Kyambogo University Deadline for Applications
Advertisement of Bachelor Of Education Primary and Bachelor of Special Needs Education-External
The Academic Registrar, Kyambogo University, invites applications for private admissions from suitably qualified candidates for the Bachelor of Education Primary-External (BEPE) and Bachelor of Special Needs Education-External (BSNEE) 2018/2019 Academic Year. Detailed information about the selection criteria and fees structure can be accessed on the website https://admissions.kyu.ac.ug or www.kyu.ac.ug. Applicants should fill electronic application forms at respective coordinating centers or Admissions Division Room 1 at Kyambogo University upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Shs. 50,000/=(Nationals from the Republics of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan) and $30 (Other Nationals) payable to Kyambogo University Department of Distance Learning Stanbic Bank account no. 9030005812479. Applicants with qualifications from countries other than Uganda must submit photocopies of equated academic documents from UNEB to the Admissions Office, Room 1 on submission of the online application form and not later than the closing date for receiving applications. Ugandan nationals must submit certified copies of their academic documents in Room 1, Admissions Office. The Deadline for receiving application forms is Friday 30th November 2018 by 12.00am (Mid night).
General Admission Requirements
A candidate shall be deemed eligible for consideration for admission to a first degree programme at the University if he/she has:
The Ugandan Certificate of Education (O’Level) with a minimum of 5 passes obtained at the same sitting, Grade II Certificate/Competence test, Grade III result slip (not Certificate), Diploma Transcript.
|S/no.||PROGRAMME||ADMISSIONS REQUIREMETS||STUDY CENTRES|
|1.||Bachelor of Education Primary-External
|A minimum of UCE certificate with at least 5 passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent and trained as a Grade III teacher plus the following:||Soroti Learning Centre
Jinja PTC Wanyange
St. Noa Mawaggali PTC, Busuubizi
|Diploma in Education – Primary||Bushenyi Learning Centre|
|Diploma in Special Needs Education||Canon Lawrence PTC, Boroboro|
|Diploma in Teacher Education||St. John Bosco PTC, Lodonga|
|2.||Bachelor of Special Needs Education-External (BSNEE).||A minimum of UCE certificate with at least 5 passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent and trained as a Grade III teacher plus the following:||Sancta Maria PTC, Nkokonjeru
Loro Core PTC
Soroti Learning Centre
Bushenyi Learning Centre
|Diploma in Special Needs Education||Kamurasi, PTC|
- Information on the KyU website: www.kyu.ac.ug
- Applicants should fill and submit the forms online from the website:https://admissions.kyu.ac.ug
- Do not buy any other documents not originating from the office of the Academic Registrar. Those who buy do so at their own risk. BEWARE OF CONMEN AND CONWOMEN.
- The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agents to act on behalf of the University to solicit for additional funds other than the application fee stated above.
- All enquiries should be addressed to the ACADEMIC REGISTRAR at the above address.
- The fees structure is obtainable on the KyU website. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE UNIVERSITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVIEW FEES FROM TIME TO TIME.
- To confirm receipt of your application payment, please check the email address you used to sign up. If you do not receive any email within 30 minutes after payment, please log into your admission account and check the status of the form you have paid for. It should be ‘PAID’. If the status does not change within 24 hours from the time of your payment, please go to the bank branch and confirm that your payment has been sent to Kyambogo University and then contact us using the contact form on the admission portal or come to Kyambogo University Admissions Office to clear any arising issues.
- Those who sat O’level over the years should make sure they fall within the requirements of those years as per the guidelines available at our Coordinating Centers.
- Lists of admitted students and admission letters shall be sent to the respective Colleges of choice.
- Candidates should provide correct information on the year of O’Level, the Index Number and grades obtained per subject. They must attach a copy of the O’Level Pass Slip, which should be submitted to the Admissions Office with the Application form for verification purposes. There are cases of candidates who deliberately record better O-Level grades than what they actually obtained or deliberately recording A-Level Index Numbers, which are not theirs. A’ Level candidates are warned against presenting forged O’Level Pass Slips to the University. Candidates who sat outside Uganda should submit photocopies of original documents in addition to UNEB equivalents. The pass slips should be stapled on the application form. Candidates who obtained an over all Grade of 7, 9, Y or Z at O’Level do not qualify for University admission and need not apply. One should have also passed at least 5 subjects at O’Level (i.e 5 subjects without a Grade 9).
Dr. Annie Begumisa